Our customer is one of world's largest chemical group with over 100,000 employees worldwide. Here we are currently looking for a freelance Position as
Senior GIS Engineer (m/f/d) with Java Expertise, full remote
Start: November 2023
Duration: ende of 2023 + option of extention
Hourly rate: about 75€
- As Senior GIS Engineer you will be responsible for the Java-based backend development, GIS architecture and and operations inside the globally operating digital farming unit of our Client
- You will ensure efficient and cost-effective handling and processing of large volumes of geospatial data layers, like machinery data, soil and satellite imagery etc.
- You will support the implementation of satellite / drone imagery processing.
- Together with the project team you will translate Digital Farming business needs into IT requirements and concrete technical implementations covering the whole software development lifecycle.
- At last, you will participate in all phases of the product governance and development life cycle, including writing epics, user stories and support the sprint planning in our agile development setup.
- Bachelor´s degree in computer sciences, natural sciences, engineering, mathematics, GIS or related fields
- solid experience with Java GeoTools, PostGIS, QGIS and GeoServer
- good understanding of geospatial related concepts like raster/vector data handling, geometry simplification, statistical clustering, filters and geometric operations
- profound knowledge of handling farm machinery data and environmental data layers like soil, topology etc. would be an advantage
- fluency in English is mandatory