Our customer is one of world's largest chemical group with over 100,000 employees worldwide. Here we are currently looking for a permanent position in Cologne as.
Senior Backend Developer (m/f/d)
- As a Senior Backend Developer, you design, implement and deploy robust and scalable backend systems, services, and APIs primarily using Python.
- Therefore, you collaborate closely with cross functional teams to gather requirements and translate them into technical specifications.
- Besides optimizing the application performance and scalability, you architect and implement efficient data models, databases, and data processing pipelines to support high-performance and reliable application functionality.
- You perform in-depth analysis and troubleshooting of complex system issues and devise effective solutions in a timely manner.
- In addition, you mentor and guide junior developers, providing technical expertise, code reviews, and constructive feedback to foster skill development and knowledge sharing.
- Last but not least, you stay current with emerging technologies, industry trends, and advancements in backend development, and recommend their application to enhance our systems.
- bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field (master's preferred)
- proven track record of 2+ years in backend development, with a strong focus on Python
- extensive experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs, web services, and modern scalable and production ready microservice architectures
- proficiency in database design and management using SQL and NoSQL databases as well as familiarity with version control systems (e.g. Git) and CI/CD pipelines
- solid understanding of software engineering principles, data structures, algorithms, and design in combination with strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and the ability to devise innovative solutions to complex technical challenges
- excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders